CELEBRATING CARNESTOLTES IN FRAGA
With the Etwinning project, we would like to teach our Croatian and Latvian colleages a ton about our local traditions. The next festival / tradition we are going to celebrate in Fraga is Carnestoltes – Mascres. Do you like it?
So, let’s get them into the festive spirit of Carnestoltes with this project by preparing in groups of 5 or 6 students a 2 page Canva or a Prezi presentation to show them how we celebrate it in our town. Explain it as if to someone who knows nothing about it.
In Carnestoltes, we have got old traditions lying around such as a big parade, mascres, la rifa del tocino, ninots, etc. We are sure they will be really interested in learning about them.
In your presentation, you’ll have to explain:
- What is Carnestoltes?
- When and where is it celebrated?
- Traditions or anything else you know about it (include pictures)
- Traditional food (include pictures)
You can also include a set of pictures of:
- The most creative costume you have seen
- The most popular costume
- Your own costume(s): Explain your props and accesories
- The winner of the Carnestoltes (Rei Carnestoltes 2020)
Deadline: 2nd March